In order to provide refills for our patients, and reduce the risk of errors, FirstMed Health and Wellness Center has established the following guidelines:
- Patients should allow 48 hours (2 business days) for medications to be filled.
- Refills may be requested by calling the clinic at (702) 731-0909 or on the patient portal, or by making an appointment with your provider.
- Patients requesting continuation of a prescription from an outside medical provider should first make an appointment with a FirstMed Health and Wellness Center provider.
- Should your medical provider be out of the office when you request a prescription refill, it is the discretion of the covering provider to fill or not to fill your prescription(s). The covering provider may request that you make an appointment before refilling your medication.
- Safe medication ordering requires an ongoing relationship with your medical provider. Patients will need to be seen at regular intervals, to be determined by the provider, but at least once a year.
- Patients should bring their medication(s), or list of medications at the time of each visit, including daily, over the counter, occasionally used medicines, and controlled substances.
- Patients should inform staff of the pharmacy you use, including its contact information.